Saturday, August 30, 2014

School Treats & Pumpkin Patch Take 2 10.16.13

In Logan's class today they were celebrating October birthdays.  Well, there are only two, Logan and Samantha, and they happen to be on the same day!  So, I had coordinated with Samantha's mom and we went for a Despicable Me 2 theme, she even made these awesome cupcakes that looked like minions!  So, I got off work early to bring everything in, but when I got to Logan's class he was sitting by himself in tears.  ;o(  Apparently, he had been having a tough time of it.  One thing that Logan struggles with is moving on to the next activity if he's not done (and not done to his exact specifications) with the previous activity.  Poor guy finds it hard to switch subjects quickly and then he gets himself all worked up and it takes even longer for him to complete a task.  We're definitely working on this, but for today, he was upset because he hadn't finished a previous task so Ms. D was having him do it and he thought he would miss the party and he was confused as to what he was suppose to be doing.  And on top of that, when a teacher's aide tried to help him, he was disrespectful to her.  Ugh!  Parenting is freakin' hard!  So here I am to help his class celebrate him, but I'm just so frustrated and sad for him.  And we had plans to go to the pumpkin patch after the party to pick out the pumpkins we would actually bring home and crave and I was so tempted to just cancel it as a punishment for his behavior.  But when I mentioned that to Ms. D (whom I absolutely love, by the way) she helped to remind me that this is a very small thing and he's only 7 and clearly he's feeling pretty punished (notice the tear stained face in the picture below), etc.  It was a great reminder to me to put everything in perspective and to figure out ways to help Logan work on these areas.  So, after getting Logan all squared away, we passed out the party treats and had a great class party for Logan and Samantha.  Oh, and sweet Samantha asked her mother if Logan was her brother since they were born on the exact same day in the same hospital!  I loved it!  After the party, we did end up heading to the pumpkin patch and had a lovely time.  Oh, my sweet Logan, I do love you so much little man.







No comments:

Post a Comment